History of Mount Stanserhorn
In May, the first general meeting was held. In June, the work on the railway to Mount Stanserhorn started.
Opening of the Mount Stanserhorn railway from Stans up to the peak and Hotel Stanserhorn Kulm on August 23, 1893. Built by the mountain railway pioneers Franz Josef Bucher-Durrer and Josef Durrer-Gasser.
With 22‘000 Lux shines the electrical Mount Stanserhorn searchlights from the mountain into the valley.
A plane crash took place on May 24, 1934. The plane (DH 5 # 452) took off at Dübendorf and crashed on Mt Stanserhorn.
Due to electrical shorts in the Blumatt, the hotel on Mount Stanserhorn and the engine of the third section were destroyed in the night by the fire on October 2/3, 1970. The Mount Stanserhorn changed from hotel to a restaurant only.
On September 1 the operation of the funicular from the Kälti-Blumatt- Mount Stanserhorn was discountinued.
The aerial cable car Kälti-Mount Stanserhorn starts operation in May 1975 and is inaugurated. The cabin sparkles in bright red.
Toni Businger, an artist with an international reputation and originally from Stans, painted the cable car cabins with colorful alpine flowers on a yellow background. Marking the 100th anniversary of the Mount Stanserhorn railway, her art became a new highlight.
Opening of the revolving restaurant Rondorama® - the first revolving restaurant in central Switzerland.
Construction of the observation deck on the terrace of the restaurant Rondorama®. This allows very special views of the Alps.
In an accident between a truck and wagon 2 of the funicular train, the wooden structure was destroyed and needed to be rebuilt.
Renovation of wagon 1 of the funicular train section Stans-Kälti.